Natural-Looking Dentures Restore Beautiful Smiles! – From Your Dentist In Aldan
If you’ve lost individual, many, or all of your teeth, dentures are often the solution to restore your smile. Are you missing teeth? One or more? Give Family Dental Care Center a call! We always welcome new patients and will discuss your options with you and answer all your questions to determine the best treatment for your smile.
Complete dentures and partial dentures are the two most common kinds of dentures, both of which restore missing teeth to give you back enjoyment of eating a wide range of your favorite nutritious foods and regain full confidence in talking, smiling, and even laughing out loud.
Partial Dentures – Also called “removable dentures,” partial dentures are used when a few adjacent teeth are missing or when nearby teeth aren’t able to support a bridge. The denture, made up of one or more artificial teeth, fits snugly, secured by clasps that attach to your existing teeth. After meals and at night, partial dentures are easily removed for cleaning.
Immediate Dentures – Should you require tooth extraction prior to being fitted for dentures, immediate dentures are used while your gums heal. You’re able to wear them immediately and throughout the healing process until your mouth is ready to be fitted for complete dentures.
Full Dentures – Also called “complete dentures,” you likely visualize these when you hear the word dentures. Used when all of your natural teeth are missing, the denture supports a full arch of replacement teeth. For cleaning, they’re removable as they’re secured by suction.
Benefits Of Wearing Dentures
- Control over your diet – When you are missing teeth, either just one or all, it can impact what foods you’re physically able to eat. Imagine chewing nuts without molars. Try biting into a juicy apple with no front teeth. With dentures, you can eat your favorite foods.
- Better nutrition – When you don’t have to worry about how to chew your food, your selection of foods become broader and with that, you naturally in ingest a wider range of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and more!
- Social confidence – It’s true! People with dentures gain wonderful confidence to smile naturally and laugh out loud when their moved to do so. Dentures allow you to remove that damper on your expressions!
- Return of facial structure – When people are missing teeth, you’ll notice a common characteristic in appearance. Dentures help fill out the cheeks, maintaining a healthful look (which of course also comes from increased confidence).
- Evens out the workload – Dentures support your remaining natural teeth by helping with the work of eating and speaking. When you’re missing teeth, pressure is unevenly distributed, making more work for the teeth you do have, possibly putting them at risk.